DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Please consider riding the bus, biking, carpooling or walking when visiting.
For information about traffic, visit Washingon's Dept. of Transportation website.
South Entrance address: 750 N. 50th Street, Seattle WA 98103
West Entrance address: 5500 Phinney Ave. N., Seattle WA 98103
View Woodland Park Zoo in a larger map
From the South / Downtown Take I-5 north to N.E. 50th Street (Exit #169). Go west 1.3 miles to the South Entrance at N. 50th Street and Fremont Avenue N.
From the North take I-5 south to NE 50th Street (Exit #169). Go west 1.3 miles to the South Gate at N. 50th Street and Fremont Avenue North or the West Entrance off Phinney Avenue between N. 55th and N. 56th.
Pay-for-parking kiosks are located at each lot. ADA/Handicap parking stalls are available in all zoo lots.
- $5.25 per day for cars
- $15.75 for buses, RVs and other oversize vehicles.
- No overnight parking is permitted in the zoo lots
- RV and bus parking is available at the South Entrance parking lot, located at N. 50th St. & Fremont Ave. N.
The zoo has five parking lots:
- Hippo Lot: Connects to the South Entrance at the intersection of N. 50th St. and Fremont Ave. N.
- Flamingo Lot: At the intersection of N. 50th St. and Phinney Ave. N.
- Penguin Lot: Connects to the West Entrance at Phinney Ave. N. and N. 55th St.
- Otter Lot: Connects to the West Entrance; enter through the Penguin Lot on Phinney Ave. N. and continue along the road to connect into the Otter Lot.
- Bear Lot: At N. 59th St. and Evanston Ave. The West Entrance is accessible from a pedestrian pathway from the Bear Lot.
Additional parking is located in Lower Woodland Park at N. 50th and Aurora Ave. N. about .1 mile from the South Entrance.
RIDE THE BUS & SAVE
Take the bus to the zoo and save $2 off regular zoo admission! Present your valid Metro bus transfer or your ORCA card as proof of ridership at the entrance locations to redeem your discount.
Take Metro Transit #5 north-bound from downtown to the zoo’s West Entrance at Phinney Ave. N. and N. 55th St.
Timetable for #5 bus
From Ballard/University District
Take Metro Transit #44 east-bound from Ballard or west-bound from University District. Exit at the intersection of N. 46th Street and Phinney Ave. N. You may either transfer to the #5 bus which stops near the zoo’s West Entrance (Phinney Ave. N. and N. 55th St.) or walk approximately .44 miles to the West Entrance.
Timetable for #44 bus
For detailed Metro bus routes and information, go to: Metro Transit Online or call 206.553-3000.
BIKE TO THE ZOO
Covered, secure bicycle parking is available at the zoo's West Entrance.
Bike racks are provided at each zoo entrance and Phinney Ave. N. has bike lanes for your safety. Visit the City of Seattle's site for local bike routes.