Debut of new animals:
Warthogs and Visayan Warty Pigs
Daily 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Special activities May 5 - 6, 2012
Meet Pumbaa's cousins and the punk rockers of the pig world when Woodland Park Zoo introduces warthogs and Visayan warty pigs! These pig species will be showcased in two naturalistic exhibits evoking the warty pigs' fragile habitat in the Philippines and the warthogs arid savannas of East Africa. Get ready to see some serious rooting, dusting and wallowing.
The arrival of the new pig species, presented by U.S. Bank and The Seattle Times, marks the first time that wild pigs will join the zoo’s extensive collection of animal ambassadors.
During opening weekend, May 5-6, free piggy banks will be given at the ZooStores to the first 500 kids (age 12 and under) each day. Also during opening weekend, keeper talks will be presented at the pigs’ exhibits and special pig-themed programming for young kids will be offered in Zoomazium.
Free with zoo admission or membership.
Learn more about our pigs at www.zoo.org/pigs.
Opening weekend: Saturday-Sunday, May 5-6
Woodland Park Zoo opens 9:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. daily beginning May 1
“Pigs, Warts and All” programs:
- Visayan Warty Pigs Small Cart: Cute, Clever, Critically Endangered – 10:00 a.m.-noon
- Creature Feature – 10:30 a.m., Zoomazium
- Visayan Warty Pig Keeper Talk – 11:00 a.m.
- Shake, Rattle & Roar – 11:30 a.m., Zoomazium
- Nature Exchange Trading – 1:00-4:00 p.m., Zoomazium
- Puppet Show – 4:30 p.m., Zoomazium